View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 06:08 AM   #106
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Form
Now... I've sat out a lot of these games since I was a carefree pre-university student, and I've not read most of the ones I've missed, so there's a lot of WW-culture current that I'm not up with--but one thing I have picked up on is that Nienna has something of an unreasonable penchant for being unreasonably lynched on Days 1.
Is she? I wasn't aware of that. She was the only suspicicous person to me at the time, though, so I don't think I would have voted differently even then.

Quote:
Which means that, coupled with Mac's almost immediate reply to Nienna's post--a Day-ending post, suggesting she won't be back before the end of the Day to defend herself--I am really not liking Mac's quoted post.
I was around, I saw something very suspicious, and at the same time I saw two bandwaggons, liked neither, and wanted to try to put the village on a better rail (from my perspective). It's not like my suspicion against her was new at that time...

Quote:
It's a little too easy. He sees a couple bandwaggons, says he doesn't like them, and then expresses this by starting--potentially--one of the easiest Day 1 bandwaggons there is?
I would disagree that my bandwaggon was particularly easy compared to others.

I do have to say that, reading Sally's later posts, I would probably have retracted to her. She criticised votes against her instead of suspicion against her and the way she tried to encourage people to vote Nienna doesn't look good either. Needless to say, this implies that Nienna is very probably innocent.

Alright, I'll be back with closer looks at the dead people and at the voting.

Wait, I see Nerwen put all of wilwa's posts into one. Nice. It's interesting: the libarians have every reason to be very afraid of the gifteds in this game, yet they chose someone apparently for the single reason to not leave a trail. Are they that afraid to kill the snitch? Why not simply get rid of any of the Sally-voters, for example? Are we dealing with inexperienced librarians, or with librarians who are already now under much pressure? In the latter case, since I doubt Nienna is a librarian, Nerwen would probably be - but then, why is Fea not dead? For now the librarians might be able to confuse us this way, but I think this strategy will come to bite them.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote