View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 07:53 AM   #305
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
There's no rush. This one will take a while, as there are pretty much no repeating parts that I can take shortcuts with.

But - I am hoping that with this weekend (or maybe early the following week) we'll get the Captivity recordings... That's the trouble with having multiple people involved, I suppose - it's difficult to coordinate.
You're absolutely right: there's no rush. I coloured Edrahil and the Faithful this morning, there's certainly no need to press ahead with

-_-

[Edit: Picture changed for snazzier version.]

Luthien's costume is V2 Galadriel's, with a slightly different pattern. Actually Luthien is probably Tolkien's best-described character (go figure), and I've taken inspiration from that. The Lay of Leithian tells us:

Her robe was blue as summer skies,
but grey as evening were her eyes;
['twas sewn with golden lilies fair >] her mantle sewn with lilies fair,
but dark as shadow was her hair.

We later hear of her mantle blue with jewels bright, and excitingly, in the description of Daeron playing for Luthien, we have the statement there jewel gleamed and silver wan / and red gold on white finger shone, which (since Daeron was busy playing a flute) may imply that she habitually wore rose-gold rings. Given that she wound up wearing the Nauglamir around the house, I think our Tinuviel was secretly addicted to bling. ^_^

(I say 'excitingly' because this would mean Tolkien and Edith's inserts both have iconic rings. Given that Tolkien drew symbolic wedding rings on his device for Cheltenham ['Celbaros'] where they got engaged, that's all kinds of cute.)

hS

Last edited by Huinesoron; 10-06-2020 at 10:00 AM.
Huinesoron is online now   Reply With Quote