Thread: The White Horse
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2002, 03:59 PM   #141
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Estelarion and Menelduliniel sat in a corner. They saw a small woman of slim stature wander into the Inn and sit at the bar.

"Well, that certainly does not appear to be a warrior," Menelduliniel commented, "Even the Dwarves must be heavier than she is..." she looked at the other side of the room "Is that Parin?"

Estelarion looked, "Aye, 'tis."

Menelduliniel raised one eyebrow, "It is a very small world, is it not?"

"Aye, 'tis," Estelarion said, still looking at the small woman at the bar, "She can hardly be taller than a Dwarf. But look how small she is."

Menelduliniel eyed Estelarion, "Why not go and make her acquaintence?"

Estelarion looked at Menelduliniel, startled. "What is that?"

"Well, maybe you can make history. You can be the first male of the kindred to marry a mortal woman. Instead of those who benevolently find death snatching up one of our women, and leaving us to mourn their death."

Estelarion looked at Menelduliniel again, "Now that is a pessimistic attitude."

"Well, you cannot deny that it is true," she said.

Estelarion went back to looking at the small woman, "Aye, 'tis."

Menelduliniel rolled her eyes and snorted into her ale.

After she took a drink, she stood up.

"Where are you going?" Estelarion asked.

"To speak to Desseg," Menelduliniel said, naming the woman Little Maiden.

"Wait!" Estelarion said, grabbing out for Menelduliniel's sleeve. He missed, however and, before he could stop her, she was talking to the smiling young woman.

"My friend, over there, would like to meet you," Menelduliniel said.

"Really?" the tiny woman said, her eyes glimmering and a smile on her face. She was not beautiful, but she was cute, Menelduliniel had to admit.

"I am Menelduliniel. What are you called?" Menelduliniel asked.

"Well, I cannot repeat some of the things that I have been called in polite company," the woman said, giving Menelduliniel an even broader smile, "But I am known as Izrênna to most. And your handsome companion is...?"

"He is Estelarion."

"He is of the Elves, is he not? And so are you, I guess, judging by your clothing and appearance," Izrênna said.

"You have traveled enough to know of us?" Menelduliniel asked. Most women, she found, did not travel.

"Well, I have not met many Elves," Izrênna admitted, "Although there has been a dirth as of late. But there are many tales in this land."

"Well, come meet my friend and tell us of these tales!" Menelduliniel said. She dragged the teeny woman over to her table.

"This is Izrênna," she said to Estelarion, "I have told her your name."

Estelarion shot her a small look, then smiled at the small maiden.

"Suilannad," he greeted, rising and bowing a bit, and the small woman began to laugh. "What?" he demanded.

"Nothing," she said, "You are just so formal."

Estelarion gave a slightly confused look.

"Do not mind him," Menelduliniel said, "He is of noble birth."

"I am not," Estelarion protested.

"You are of rich birth, in any event," Menelduliniel pointed out.

"Yes, well...that has nothing to do with it," Estelarion said.

"Well," Izrênna said, "It was nice meeting you."

She extended her hand and shook Estelarion's, her small hand disappearing among his long fingers.

"And it was certainly lovely meeting you," she said to Menelduliniel, "I hope we meet again."

"We probably will," Menelduliniel said, "Most of the people that I have met in these Inns have been present at other such gathering places."

"Yes, 'tis true," Estelarion said. He got a swift smack from Menelduliniel, "What?" he found himself demanding again.

"If you say 'yes, 'tis...' one more time," she said, trailing off.

Izrênna smiled again, "I really hope I find time to travel with you two someday."

"Especially Estelarion right? Is he not the most handsome Elf?" Menelduliniel said, knowing that Estelarion would scold her later, but not really caring.

"Of course," Izrênna laughed, as she returned to the bar and ordered a bar.

"Well, what do you think?" Menelduliniel asked Estelarion, "Have I finally found you a mate?"

Estelarion smacked Menelduliniel this time. She laughed merrily and went back to her ale. She watched Izrênna at the bar every now and then...

Then, a stranger burst in. Horses had been stolen.

"Let us aid!" Menelduliniel said to Estelarion.

"Nay," he said, "We will remain here."

"Where is Izrênna?" Menelduliniel said, looking back. The small maiden was gone.

"I suppose she has left. Maybe she will aid," Estelarion said, "I swear, you are more fascinated with this maiden than I am."

"So you admit you are fascinated with her?" Menelduliniel asked.

"No," he said, and went back to his drink, indicating that the conversation was over...

[ December 27, 2002: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]