Thread: All About You
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2003, 09:33 AM   #335
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Well, Eressie, your rating should now be back up a bit. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

That's right, Daniel! That's the thread! I posted on it a few times too, and agreed with most of your comments. You were right in saying that not everyone has the same definition of greatness. Some people weigh certain characteristics more heavily than others. I did a little chart a few months ago with all of the major characters on it (from Manwe to Melkor, Frodo to Turin). On this chart I weighed six major variables that I considered to be my definition of greatness (gave the characters points on each one depending on how much of the variable they displayed), and Feanor beat Luthien.

Actually, I think I killed that thread. Well, maybe not, but I did have the last post (one defending Feanor). Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

So, Daniel, have you checked to see what you missed while you were away? We had a great thread going on the Vanyar and Noldor, I think you'd find it interesting. Here it is- http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin...=1&t=003009&p=