View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #2
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Night One

Their gathering place was dark, save for a few burning torches that flickered in the brackets on the wall. At the far end of the room, a fire burned. He stood facing a golden bearded dwarf who questioned him while the other members of the Forge stood in the shadows.

“You know the purpose of our company?”

“I do. It is to persuade our fellow dwarves to take the wisest course of action in regards to Lord Sauron’s offer.”

“And you are of one mind with us?”

“I am. It is our duty to remove any obstacles that stand in our way to accomplishing our goal.”

“And you are willing to endure the tests to join us?”

“I am.”

The dwarf nodded his head to another standing behind dwarf being thus questioned. Immediately, a black cloth was bound across his eyes.

“If you are brave enough, take two steps forward.”

The black bearded dwarf felt the sharp prick of a blade’s point at his chest, but he did not hesitate as he took two steps forward, pushing boldly against it. The pressure melted away as he advanced and from the dwarves surrounding him, there was an approving murmur.

“While working with us, you must trust and obey orders explicitly. If you are able and willing to do so, walk forward and do not stop until I tell you.”

This time, there was no obstacle in his way and he strode forward, blind as he was, until he had taken five strides and he felt the heat of the fire on his face and hands. Still he walked on, until he felt he must be about to step into the very flame. Then the commanding dwarf said from behind – “Stop!” He stopped, and waited, the heat from the furnace beating upon him. Then he was ordered to step back three steps.

“The final test is that of pain. Can you endure it?”

“I can.”

Immediately, his right arm was seized by the shoulder and elbow. The sleeve was torn open and then he growled fiercely while biting back a cry as a burning such as he had never endured during his work at his forge pressed against his shoulder. They released him and the blind fold was removed from his eyes.

“Welcome our newest companion,” the Forge leader said. “Galin Ironfist is now one of us.”

Galin turned, his eyes blazing with a dull, dark fire. His shoulder throbbed where the sign of the Valley Forge was branded into his flesh. He looked from beneath his dark brows from one member to the next, memorizing their faces, and thinking silently to himself,

So. Now I know. These they are that I must bring down, or go down in my attempt.

Night one has begun. Forge members may PM each other. Sweetheart, send me your names.

Players
Sally
Inzil
Nerwen
Boro
Galadriel
Eruhen
Bom
Glirdan
Finduilas
Rikae
McCaber
Wilwarin
Pitchwife
the Phantom
Mithalwen

Last edited by Folwren; 08-13-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Folwren is offline   Reply With Quote