View Single Post
Old 03-04-2005, 02:49 AM   #27
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I think it was the colour of the gravy in those pictures that got to me, it was unnatural, gravy ought to be brown. And the only allowed 'extras' ought to be a bit of onion or some mushrooms. But if it tastes good then I'd be willing to try it...

Lemon cheese is almost like Lemon Curd , but it's thicker and more sugary, and you almost always have to get home made stuff. It's really good as the filling in a big sponge cake. I like the look of apple butter though. When you say 'apple cider' in the US I've been led to believe you mean non-alcoholic apple juice as opposed to the full strength, intoxicating, madness-inducing cider we drink here? I'm glad that Hobbits tend to stick to ale, as excessive cider drinking leads to strange behaviour.

Vegemite is like the bunny rabbit slippers in comparison to Marmite , which is more like a pair of 18 hole Doc Martens in the taste stakes. I think Hobbits would definitely opt for Marmite, especially when serving up tea and toast for a load of dwarves. Though these foreign Bucklanders with their fancy talk and fancy ways might go for Vegemite. I hear they even bring a few jars with them when they come backpacking around The Shire.