Thread: MIRKWOOD RPG
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2002, 12:20 AM   #205
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thalionyulma has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rûdhchamion sighed, incredulous at what Khelek had implied in his reply. As young as the wolf-pup was, he had a noble bearing and a courageous heart. The dark elf then stared silently at Anarya’s determined look. He knew he could not deter her from what she had already chosen.

“Very well, if that is what you choose.” He then stopped as he realized something she said. It both gladdened and pained him. He could feel that something between them was growing, but there was a dire task at hand.

“But as Khelek had said, to go back is not necessarily to admit defeat; truly not in this situation.” He knelt beside her, meeting her gaze. “ I would then ask a promise from you… both of you.

Should the situation arise, and I am caught, either in battle or overpowered, you must leave me and go to Thranduil. He must be alerted to the danger that threatens his realm and elvenkind. That is your mission after all, and -”

He stopped suddenly and turned sharply towards the direction of the figures hidden beyond the trees some distant away. Motioning for them to keep quiet, he climbed the tree once more. Something had caught his attention. It was more of a sudden feeling of awareness.

The dark elf looked intently towards the hidden figures, concentrating. He let his mind try to “read” whatever being was there. He gasped as he felt a cold chill suddenly penetrate his mind, like a sharp blade suddenly being thrust through him.

Anarya and Khelek were alarmed as he had suddenly gone pale, breaking out in cold sweat. “Rudhchamion?”

The dark elf shook his head, trying to clear his mind. Anarya placed the pup in a secure intersecting branch before she, too, climbed the tree.

“What is it?”

“Torog!” He whispered hoarsely, using the elvish word for troll. “And something else I do not know…”