Thread: Queen of Queens
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 02:56 PM   #9
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Well, in the very first moment I thought about Galadriel, though she was not a Queen by title but definitely would have deserved it. But right after that, I thought about Melian, so I second McCaber, but not in the reasons he names: wise, surely; the way she protects her land, of course - and I should add also the way she handles her husband even though he sometimes acts like if he was totally dumb (same could be said, in lesser extent, about Galadriel); but being a Maia is, in my opinion, not a thing that would be of any value. Gandalf is not superior to Imrahil in my eyes because he is Maia and Imrahil is a simple Man (maybe with a little bit of Elven blood), but because of what he did. Actually, nothing against Imrahil, he's cool.

Speaking of superior powers, another queen nominated could be of course Varda, who is really a Queen of Queens in the very sense of it.

But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar View Post
Lommy, that is a wonderful quote and a unique idea!
Seconded. That's just brilliant and I must say very innovative. Lommy, you know what: they should cut it to five or even less
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote