View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 04:45 PM   #873
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
“How soon does the king wish you to move your household?" asked Thornden. "And who do you intend to take with you, and who will you wish to stay here, to look after the inn?”

"Some of you are bound to me by oath of a year and a day, and so shall join me, I hope willingly. Those who are not so bound, I hope that you will join me out of friendship.

"The King's will is that we go as soon as we can be ready." Eodwine's mouth slid into a half smile. "I could delay for a week or a month more, claiming the needs of many details, but I know the king's mind and heart in this, and he does not wish me to tarry.

"The only delay of real import is finding an innkeeper. Who among you care I to lose? None! I fear I shall have to find an innkeeper somehow, and that could take days, I fear. Do any of you want to be an innkeeper?" he finished doubtfully.

"Not I!" declared Frodides. "I'll be cook here if you don't want me coming with you, but not innkeeper!"

"You may come to Scarburg if you like, Frodides."

The cook smiled briefly, then said, "Kara! Quit dawdling and give the Eorl some of those eggs and rashers! He has hungry work ahead of him!"