View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 02:40 PM   #871
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Léof ran into Javan as he was leaving the kitchen. “I’m about to take these back to the kitchen, Léof,” he said. “Then are we going out to the stables?”

Léof nodded. “Yes – it’s time to see to the horses’ breakfasts. I’ll meet you out there.”

“Great,” said Javan, and they parted. Javan caught up to Léof shortly after he reached the stables, whether from reluctance to spend any more time than necessary in the kitchen or from eagerness to begin work again in the stables, Léof did not know. “Here’s what we need to do,” he began. “We’re going to feed them and fill their water pails first, and once they’re about done we’ll turn about half of them out into the paddock and muck out their stalls. We’ll do the other half when they go out later; it’s easier than individually removing the horses to do their stalls. You can start with the water pails… take each one out back and make sure it’s clean, then fill it up at the pump. Got it?”

Javan assented and was about to head off, but Léof couldn’t resist a teaser. “And, Javan? When we’re done, I have a surprise.” But he refused to say any more than that.

Last edited by Firefoot; 09-01-2007 at 02:43 PM.