View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 08:33 PM   #24
Vanwatholiel

Location: In a dark corner of my mind. Don't look at me like that! I never liked you anyway. Stop staring!
Vanwatholiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Vanwatholiel
Silmaril

I admit, sometimes Elijah's phony accent can bug me a little (okay, a lot). At the end of ROTK, when he turns and smiles on the ship from Mithlond, I automatically start crying. It just wrenches my heart. It's like all the pain and paleness and sorrow flee from his face and joy floods back in. Like you can see the same Frodo before he went on the quest. Before he earned all his heartache. Like, you can see the seventeen year old Elijah and not the 22year old Elijah. To put it simply, he became the Frodo before the quest. That part just makes me cry and cry! The look in his eyes...enchanting. *sniff* I'm sobbing now. sorry. *sniff*

Ps. Question: I have read the books, saw the movies, and read all the other books written by Tolkien not related to LOTR but concerning Middle Earth, and I was wondering does Frodo go to Valinor or Tol Eressea? I believe it was Valinor, but it could have been Tol Eressea. Can the learned Tolkien people help me out? (I'm a Hobbit smoking Old Toby, the finest weed in the South Farthing)
Vanwatholiel is offline   Reply With Quote