View Single Post
Old 11-20-2022, 12:49 PM   #3
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Setting aside high-level caveats such as "does this show need to exist?" and "if it's not canon, don't bother," I think the biggest thing I want to see out of Season 2 is the avoidance of "the Mystery Box" and any artificial deadline countdown, which were the two biggest flaws of Season 1. Hopefully, with Sauron revealed, they won't find it necessary to give us a new big "but who is the Witch-king?" question in Season 2, and won't decide "oh, we need some kind of deadline for them to make the Seven Rings, or there's no tension."

I'd be pleasantly surprised if they'd just give us the identity of the Istar, even if I don't like the answer. I'd also love it if the dialogue were to improve, but although that is theoretically fixable at any time in any episode, I'm sort of resigned to as being as immutable as the first season's plot.

For something new, I suppose I'd enjoy seeing Oropher or Círdan. Presumably, we'll Celeborn eventually. I'd like to see the Kings of Men that Sauron eventually gives the Rings to as Kings, with some personality and agency, rather than just being Nazgűl from the beginning.