View Single Post
Old 09-06-2023, 02:45 AM   #3
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The description of Tol Eressëa: I agree that much of what you mention is useable for our work. But I doubt that the Appandecies are the right place for it. I would rather consider to extant the sub-chapter Of the Passing of the Elves in chapter 35 Of the Great Battle and the War of Wrath.

About the Bombadil prose fragment: As much as I like to include any snipet of information we have, I at the moment don't see how we could include this. I am not an expert in legendary Britain history, but I think, King Bonhedig was taken by Tolkien from that. So the information that snipet gives us is only that Bombadil was still around (and as to be expected unchanged) after what once was the Shire of the Hobbits had become a part of the England of legendary King Bonhedig.
Beside that Bombadil is at it stands right now not even mentioned in our work. Including the prose fragment would call for some revision to include him in other places for sure. This is of course not an argument by itself against the inclusion of the proase fragemnt, but it shows that Bombadil was not thought to be in important ingredent to our work.

Respectfully
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote