View Single Post
Old 08-31-2003, 06:35 PM   #206
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
I wouldn't own them before because I thought they were degrading to the actual features of the actors/actresses, but I changed my mind. I got Frodo first, of course. I couldn't believe how much he looks like Elijah!
Lily: The Toy Biz figures have incredible likenesses to the actors. I have 5 Frodo's, and they all look a lot like Elijah. But the 'Frodo in orc armor' looks exactly like Elijah. Amazing! You won't believe how addictive/obsessive these figures can become. I never collected (or paid any attention to) action figures before, but Samwise talked about her Sam with his skillet, so I started looking at them. Now I can't stop!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Quote:
OH! I forgot to mention my Sam and Frodo in the Elven Boat!!!!! Wow, what a lot of detail....

I MUST have a Frodo to go with Sam. For me, they are NEVER going to be separated again.
Samwise: Frodo and Sam in the Elven Boat is one of my favorites. They just look so awesome sitting in the boat with their paddles, leaving for Mordor together. It's impossible to have Frodo without Sam, or Sam without Frodo. They're like two halves of one heart...

A small update: I got my lithograph (like yours Stacey), the 3 sets of cards (Frodo, Boromir & Legolas), the Sean/Elijah photo, and the Twilight Frodo with 2 Ringwraiths from the eBay spree. I still have a large set (72 cards) of cards and my "One Ring" still to come. I also found (at SuperTarget) the 'Aragorn at the Pelennor Fields' (in his Gondorian armor with Andśril). My friend found Éowyn in armor (dressed as Dernhelm). He had the nerve to buy the last one and then bring it to show me..the ratfink!