Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 08:55 AM   #9680
Pervinca Took
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pervinca Took is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
MERRY?

He wrote 'Herblore of the Shire.'

I think I said 'merry' in the Bombadil quotation. 'Old Tom Bombadil is a merry fellow.'

Could 4 be KUDUK, Hobbitish for hobbit? Sounds a bit like 'cute duck' with the T sound missing from the heart of it.

Looking at those letters .....

... is the password SMOKING?

In which case,

6. NICOTINE or NICOTIANA. Tolkien said the hobbits' pipeweed was probably a variant of this.

So I think the last one must be GALENAS, but let me work backwards and find out why ....

Well, 'Fourth Book of Mormon' in Google brings up GENESIS as a possible answer if that were a crossword clue. I was thinking of that fairly recent musical, although I haven't seen it.

Could GAL be the genderbend element, from, er ... GEN(T)???

1. Maybe SOUTHERN STAR? That's a brand of pipeweed from the Shire. Aragorn's new home us in the south of Middle-earth, in Minas Tirith, and seven stars are an emblem of Numenor?

3. OLD TOBY. OLD = ancient, TOB(LERONE) is chocolate shaped as joined together prisms and Y ends the word 'lightly.'

Last edited by Pervinca Took; 05-20-2020 at 09:51 AM.
Pervinca Took is offline   Reply With Quote