View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 03:48 PM   #647
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
I think your getting this from a post I made yesterDay. To clarify, I said it's a bad idea to write someone off as innocent because they're being helpful as it can be a classic wolf tactic. That isn't to say it's always the case or that someone can't be both helpful and innocent.

Anyway, I have yet to vote for anyone for the sole reason of looking too helpful as I agree that really isn't a good reason on its own.

I voted for Eonwe because a) his bandwagon vote looked opportunistic to me and b) I found his focus on the Dead Thread and other game play rules/technicalities to be distracting and I could see a baddie doing this to draw focus away from who to lynch. Not because he was being too helpful.

I referred to my previous post when voting as I had run out of time to write more, but I apologize if my reasons weren't clear at the time. Though, this is the second time I've had to clarify my vote to you so I don't understand why you keep misrepresenting it.
Back again briefly- no, I don't think I'm misrepresenting you. Certainly not deliberately- I've been looking at what you actually say in those posts and interpreting it as best I can. Maybe you meant something different by it- who knows? I felt there was a certain house-of-cards logic to some of your suspicions, to which I wanted to draw attention.

Brinn, Day Four

#496. Is not surprised by Mith's death as seems a no-trace kill.

#498. (Answering me, as I expressed surprise at a no-trace kill so late in the game) Thinks wolves were afraid of hunter/ranger, or afraid of the repercussions of killing off players who suspected them.

#499. Analyses Legate. Finds him more suspicious than previously, but no longer thinks he is a newly-turned wolf. Is also suspicious of Nog, Eonwe, me and Boro.

#544. Doesn't think Nogrod had an excuse for voting late; criticises him for wasting time with distracting subjects. Finds him suspicious, but also worried he would be an easy lynch target if innocent.

Comment: Can't argue with this, as it was exactly my reaction.

#561. (Answering Lalaith) Thinks Sally, not Shasta is the biggest submarine.

#566. "My top suspects for lynching are Legate and Eonwe. Legate for reasons I stated earlier toDay and my opinion of Eonwe has not changed since yesterDay.

Nogrod is another I'm still considering, but I'm feeling slightly hesitant about him."

Comment: See, once again I don't like that "my opinion has not changed since yesterDay", given the original reason was so flimsy- and people might not bother to check- leading perhaps to an impression of there being a stronger case against him than there actually is. (Of course Zil pulled the same thing on me and turned out to be innocent, so there's that...)

#580. Votes Eonwe. (Eonwe 2, Nog 2, Legate 2, Boro 4). The vote is consistent with her earlier suspicions. Tells us nothing either way. It would point to innocence if Boro turns out a wolf- however, I strongly doubt this is the case.

Comments: Hard to say. Much of her posting seems sensible and innocent but there are some definite wolfy indications as well. Hmmn.