View Single Post
Old 09-07-2003, 05:19 PM   #20
QuickSlash
Wight

QuickSlash has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to QuickSlash Send a message via Yahoo to QuickSlash
Question

Hm. I don't know enough about ME geography (and I don't really have anything around for reference), so if anyone'd like to give me better suggestions, they'd be very welcome. <3.

Anyway, I live in the hilly part of Ohio, USA (pretty much like all of West Virginia), and there're lots of trees. I think the majority are oaks, maples, and elms, but a great deal of it is about *exactly* where you are. There're a few pine groves, a few birch copses. Just depends.

The hills here are considered the 'foothills of the Appalachians,' so they're big, but not too big. The houses are all close, but there aren't really many organized towns. Just populated roads.

Only thing I can think of is maybe Mirkwood, but wasn't that land flat? Any hilly wooded lands? Lothlorien comes to mind for a moment, but the trees here certainly don't match what they showed in the movie. The version in my head had 'em match, though. ;D

[ September 07, 2003: Message edited by: QuickSlash ]