View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 07:55 AM   #283
SamwiseGamgee
Shade of Carn Dûm

SamwiseGamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Those persistent computer difficulties have caused you more pain than any mere mortal could ever tell, Eomer. The loss of J'Lo is one which shall forever scar Mohammed Milla, I fear.

But getting back to business. Ahem. I am glad that we have clarified this point regarding warg riders. In the film (that most unholy place as far as wargs are concerned) Saruman commanded that the warg riders be sent forth. This has led to the common misconception that any beast who rides on a warg is a warg rider. False. To be a warg rider takes greatness the like of which you and I may never know. There are a few select warg riders who we here at the thread recognise, but it is not, as far as we are concerned, an expandable list. Perhaps one of us could list a definitive guide to warg riders. I can, off the top of my head, think of only two:
The Warg Rider, Cam Beleg; and
the warg rider of the third age, of whom Eomer has told us.
Note that only one Warg Rider has capitalisation. A key point, I feel.

Anyway, my ambling has persisted long enough. I hope that out there our fellow warg and Warg Rider appreciators have new tales to tell on this, the greatest of threads.