View Single Post
Old 01-28-2004, 04:53 PM   #317
Ashton
Animated Skeleton

Ashton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

First of all, I absolutely love Harry Potter. I read the first book in about 24 hours. I lost a lot of sleep over that book. The Third one is my absolute favorite, and I really dislike the End of the Fifth book because of it. (Saying no more here). But I would recommend them for Anybody who likes to read fantasy.

I also love the Dark is Rising Series. It is absolutely fascinating how the author mixes Welsh legends, and a lot of fantasy and other cool little bits of history together. It is a really, Really good series. I would recomend it to anybody.

I am currently reading anything of Michael Crichton's. I got hooked when I read the Andromeda Strain for the first time and I just keep Reading them. I am currently reading the Terminal Man for the first time, Besides reading the LotR books for the 15th time. I like to read three or four books at once. It is actually quite fun.

Lets see, other books That are my all time favorite are: The Prydain Chronicles by Lloyd Alexander. (Funnily enough those are written kind of like the Lord of the Rings, exept for in a more kid kind of way.), The chronicals of Narnia by C.S. Lewis, And anything written by Patricia C. Wrede or Gail Carson Levine. I could give you a million more if I wanted.