View Single Post
Old 07-08-2003, 11:53 AM   #296
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

About time I post in this thread. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Fantasy is the only genre of books I read for fun anymore, and I've come across some good ones.

Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling: Yes, I'm another HP fan, but I find those books so enjoyable. And I think I got my family hooked on it. My mom read Book Five not long after I finished and my sister (who never reads) is currently reading the book. Now, only if I could get them hooked on LOTR...

Shannara series by Terry Brooks: I am a huge Shannara fan. I've read every single Shannara book that exists and am currently reading The World of Shannara, which is basically the history and background of people, places, and objects in the Shannara series. The author's next addition to the series comes out in September.

The Obsidian Chronicles by Laurence Watt-Evans: This isn't the best trilogy I've read, but I have found it quite fascinating. It's certainly different than the other fantasy books I've read. I'm still awaiting the third book, which comes out in September.

The Sword, The Ring, and The Chalice by Deborah Chester: These books were fairly good, though I found them a bit dull at times. The Chalice ended up being my favorite out of the three, because it seemed to have a little more action in my opinion.