View Single Post
Old 05-18-2004, 10:45 PM   #140
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
Willow

Willow nodded sharply as a rumble of thunder hit sharply. She jumped, realizing that Lily had been talking. "Oh!" she said, sitting up sharper. "I'm so sorry, Lily, I'm afraid I must've dozed off. What were you saying?" she asked, wincing. It wasn't exactly a pleasurable thing to fall asleep in one of the hard wooden chairs, and Willow founf herself to be quite sore now.

"Who long have you been here," Lily repeated, a hint of frusteration underneath her friendly air. The other hobbit sipped at her tea as she looked at Willow.

"Oh." Willow stopped, counting in her mind. Thunder rolled in the distance, and there was a feel of rain in the air, she noted. "I've been in Hobbiton a few days, I had stayed with a cousin of my father for a few days, and then here, for two days. I arrived the day of the party, and didn't know anything about the fire until then."

She sighed, straighened her hair which had falled into quite a mess-- she hadn't braided it very well that morning, and it was into the afternoon now. There was a faint sound of rain tapping on the roof as the clouds began to break fourth. And it was well, they did need some of the rain, the land always could use it. It was gray outside now, and the clouds were thick, hiding all trace of the eariler sunlight that had lit the area.

"And what of you, Lily?" Willow asked. "How long have you been here?"