View Single Post
Old 09-17-2004, 10:10 PM   #151
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Can one of you put my post on that SAVE for the last of the evening activities? Thanks!

EDIT: post is placed ~*~ Pio

----------------------------------------------

Carandû was silent as they walked back toward their tent. The ebb and flow of conversation between his brother and Elwë flowed over him without penetrating his thoughts. Annû caught up to him and tapped him on the shoulder, intruding on his quandary with his words. ‘Well, what do you think, big brother. Think there might be a chance we’ll find what we’re looking for?’

‘What I think,’ said Carandû, turning to his brother, ‘what I think is that there is something strange going on here. Why am I not going on the search teams? You know what the Captain wants me to do? He wants me to take care of the reindeer. The reindeer! What sort of a make-do job is that?!’

Annû and Elwë raised their brows at learning the job Carandû had been assigned. Annû noted his brother’s eyes had taken on a certain determined glint. ‘What are you thinking of doing?’ he asked, his hand reaching out to touch his brother’s forearm.

A faint smile creased Carandû’s face, disappearing as he turned and headed back again toward the camp. ‘I’m going to mind the reindeer, of course. What else is there to do?’

What else is there to do? Annû watched his brother disappear into the tent, thinking that he most likely did not want to consider the answer to that question.