View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 09:34 PM   #42
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Ulvenok, just because a scientist presents a theory does not mean that theory is a proven, incontrovertible truth. I fear you are succumbing to "studies-have-shown" syndrome. For my part, I will continue to believe that racism is purely culturally acquired and to maintain that I myself am not racist. You can believe whatever you like. However, it is, I think, better if you don't couch your opinions- because that's all this is, an opinion- in the terms of "if you don't agree with me, you're lying to yourself". It's no kind of argument, and just tends to get up people's noses, quite frankly.
Besides, aesthetic preference is *not* racism. I get the impression you're confusing the two, and that's where the problem lies.

Anyway, didn't I just see you arguing that the inhabitants of Valinor were meant to represent native Americans, thus (in your opinion) showing Tolkien was *not* racist?