View Single Post
Old 08-30-2003, 10:38 AM   #291
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Brinniel,

In order to have some continuity in the story line, I think you'd have to say where the huorn are going. The sole reason for Azunel and Saelonia to go to Fangorn was to get the huorn to join on as allies of the Easterlings. So they'd want to "use" their ally in some way.

Either the huorn will cause havoc in the countryside around Isengard, or head immediately out to link up with the attacking force from Rhun. (Which do you prefer? Maybe the latter?)

But I could have Saelonia describe what they're going to do in just one paragraph. Then they'd drop from the storyline completely. No one would have to post for them.

The only thing you might want to do is briefly allude to the fact that they were present at the final battle, and that they were pleased to see the Entwives return to Fangorn at the very end of the story. Other than that, we could ignore them.

Do you think this will work?

Also, as far as sadness goes, I do see one thing. The handful of Entwives left alive will be very few. Not enough to ensure the survival of the race... So the reunion will be bittersweet.

Cami/Child

[ August 30, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]