View Single Post
Old 06-30-2002, 09:42 PM   #612
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Rose liked the idea. So hobbit's didn't just pop out of the ground. She couldn't wait to talk to Durshag. Rose ran over to the side of the ship and called to the hobrim. She climed over the rail and plunged into the water to join him. After a while of swiming Rose spoke "We'd better get back up to the ship now." As she made to find her way back onto the deck she heard Durshag speak behind her.

"Like the lonely star it is." Rose turned to look at the hobrim.
"What?" she asked.
"Heard a story about a star. My mother said it comes out of the darkness bearing hope. Just like this s-ship."
"You heard a story about a lonely star?" the hobrim nodded then went on.
"The lonly star brings hope in dark. I had darkness and then cousins come on a ship..on a star."
"But it's not lonely. There are other ships too." he shook his head.
"Other stars help yes. But lonely star is the brightest." Rose thought about this. Hadn't they been trying to think of a name? Perhaps Durshag's vision of the boat was just what they needed. She looked up at it herself and recalled when she first saw it at the party grounds. She remembered being enchanted by how grand it was.
"Then that's its name. The Lonely Star."

ooc: how's that? If you rather it be a group decition then I'll delete this post. We can start another thread called 'The Lonely Star.' We might even pick up a few people who don't know this is the adventure spawned from the B-day party. Of course they might have trouble catching up to all that's happened but.......oh well. If everyone agrees with this then we can go ahead with the plot. (oh and that story about the lonely star...i made up.)

[ June 30, 2002: Message edited by: Rose Cotton ]