View Single Post
Old 06-30-2002, 08:03 PM   #610
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

OOC --

Corrections: Rose told Child about Durshag's dream, but no one else has been told

Frodo must be "out-of-town" since he hasn't posted anywhere on the board since 6/28

Re Elven History: I shouldn't use the word Teleri. These are the Elven descendents of the Nandor who settled in the Vales of Anduin and other nearby lands.

They were a group of Teleri who gave up the Great Journey out of fear of the Misty Mountains. Some of them later went with Denethor to Beleriand and fought in the First War there. They settled in Ossiriand.

Anyways, I'm suggesting there were messengers sent between these 2 groups of Elves (Anduin and Beleriand), and they also carried messages for hobbits within the region of Anduin and beyond. (This part is not Tolkien -- it's me).

Perhaps, the Stoors saw how Denethor's Elves left for Beleriand, and that example gave them the wander lust to send them down the Anduin and west. You will notice there is a definite theme in hobbit history of "crazy" hobbits going off over the waters and on ships.

Question: Does our ship need a name and should it be "blessed" or ""christened" or whatever you do for ships? (Idril told me if we truly loved our vessel, we would give it a name!)

Should the name of our story be taken from our ship? So people will know it's not still a birthday party.

sharon