View Single Post
Old 06-29-2002, 11:16 PM   #606
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

ooc: Sam, I am sorry to see you leave.::

The night before:

As some slept and some debated over choices Rose found her way down to the lower decks to see Angara. As she approched she could see the dragon awakening from a short sleep and rustling her wings in agitation. "I'm sorry to disturb you." Rose said. " I just wanted to talk." The idea seemed absurb. If the others had such little profit in convercing with the dragon what hope did she have. But of all that had been brought together on the ship Rose felt that Angara would be the one with the most answers. And while she lay in the dark those that were blinded from the answers were up finding one dead end after another. Rose hoped to find some kind of wisdom from talking to Angara.
"What do you want to talk about?" asked the dragon.
"I-We all want to know about Halfling past..and halfing future." The fact that Rose used "Halfling" instead of "Hobbit" showed that she was serious.
Angara consitered her for a moment then said, "If you ask the right questions I may give you the right answers. So far not many are too willing to listen to what I have to say."

"You know alot about hobrims?"
"I might...."
"If I ask the right questions."
"Now your catching on." Rose jangled her brain for somting that would force the dragon to empty her mind. The right questions..what were they trying to find out?
"Well," Rose murmered " We're trying to find the hobrims. But why would they leave?"

"Remember. This is the Fourth Age. This all happened hundreds of years ago."
"So we're changing the past?"
"You might. But you have to think like you are not in the Seventh Age. Think about now."
"The Fourth Age."
"You have to think about everything. Most of all you have to think of yourself. You are a hobbit. They are hobrim. This is the Fourth Age."
"You've told me that."
"But do you understand it?"
"How do you find and bring together a bunch of missing hobbits?"
"Close." Then Rose thought of somthing.
"Why would they be missing in the first place?" Angara gave her a praising look."So somthing happenend sometime in the Fourth Age to cause the hobrim to go missing. And whatever they did was simalar to what hobbits would do. But what...Durshag's dream." Now Rose was really confused.

The present time:

Rose was sadened by Primrose, Stacy, and Sam's departure. But she understood why each would choose such paths. Or at least she thought she did. She figured Sam had been unable to dwell with a creature so like Gollum. Indeed, she expected Frodo to go after Sam. Stacy and Prim had probably felt useless during the journey and felt better to be going home. But of course Rose wasn't one worthy to judge hearts so she went on with worrying about the problems for those who still were on the boat.

"So", said Rose to Child, "What are your thoughts on all this?" Without waiting for an answer Rose imediatly plunged into her story about her talk with Angara including Durshag's dream. She would tell the others but she had learned to confide in Child and now awaited her friend's answer.