View Single Post
Old 06-28-2002, 05:42 PM   #601
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

OOC-- I'll probably not post till tomorrow evening. If you need my character or dragon, be my guest.

Angara stuck her head into the room where Child lay sleeping. The dragon strutted over near the bed purposely flapping wings over her head so that it was impossible for Child to remain asleep.

"Look how gorgeous I am," she crooned. "Some people appreciate me, and some do not." Angara glared intently at Child.

"The Lord Mithadan has good taste. I'm sure you could learn much from him, Child. In fact, he has such good taste that I recited one of my riddles for him. Not that he will be able to guess it!"

Child pulled the blankets over her head. With her free left hand, she hurled her pillow in the direction of the wyrm, narrowly missing her backside.

Angara shot her a parting glance as she departed the room, "Surely you have not forgotten my riddles. Without the answers to those, you may indeed find it difficult to locate your lost cousins. Ah, well, so sad. Some hobbits are extraordinarily slow to learn their place and duties in life."

Child had had enough for the day. She knew the wyrm was furious because Child had called her "my" dragon. That had been a mistake. No dragon, not even one with a relatively good heart, would put up with such an affront to dignity. For no one "owned" a dragon, surely not Child. Indeed, if Child had known the truth, Angara, with her magic ways and thousands of years of knowledge, considered Child to be quite a satisfactory pet.

[ June 29, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]