View Single Post
Old 03-09-2002, 08:36 AM   #14
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Gilthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Wow!

What a gang!

I see a lot of confusion about the elves of Mirkwood. READING ASSIGNMENT! Go back and read the descriptions in THE HOBBIT. There are other references to the Silvan elves in the SILMARILLION. I'm not the expert loremaster that you might find in the SILMARILLION FORUM, but I know this much about them:

They are a "rustic" folk. They never journeyed to the West. They don't know half of what the Rivendell elves know. They don't ride horses. They are even closer to nature than the elves of Rivendell. Only Thranduil has any great wealth or heirlooms.

In order:

Rinurion
Please jump in and volunteer with the prisoners! Try to remember that wood elves are not like the elves of Rivendell.

Sauche
You do like the wild-child bit! "Ranger" is not a good word to use in this context, because of its particular meaning in Middle-earth. Do you like to hunt? Well, you shouldn't do it in Thranduil's preserve! Go ahead and write about getting caught! I'll throw you in prison and tell you why. BTW: Your parents were killed by orcs. That's when you got your scar and your attitude. Try to work it into your introductory post.

Taraancaiel
I see that I will get a lot of elf girls! Join in after the party brings the prisoners to Thranduil. I don't think that these wood elves bothered with horses, not living in the meadows, but in the forest. How would you like to ride a magnificent White Hart?

Lhunaglar
Jump in and help Rinurion with the prisoners.

Nefrodiel-Amarylis
You can be the prettiest little elf in Thranduil's realm. Lothlorien/The Golden Wood has been a protected realm for a long-long time. It is very rare for any to leave, and few who enter ever return. Sorry, no horses.

Dwarin Thunderhammer
If you have business with Thranduil (who is SLIGHTLY more tolerant of dwarves after the Battle of the Five Armies) then I suggest you leave Erebor immediately and make your way to the Woodland Realm. Go ahead and write the scene between yourself and King Dain that sends you on your way.