View Single Post
Old 09-11-2023, 05:37 AM   #93
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Excuse me, I think the discussion drove me away from straight thinking. I have to take back most of my last post. As we retained Túrins return fpr the Last Battle, we can of course as well have Menelmakar as sign of him.

But as we did not use AAm so fare we have to think of how to incooperat it. What about this:
Quote:
... {and}And other of her works of old she gathered together and set as signs in Heaven that the {Gods}[Valar] may read: CE-EX-03.35<AAm The greatest of these was Menelmakar, the Swordsman of the Sky[u],[/u[<moved from below with his shining belt>. This, it is said, was a sign of Túrin Turambar, who should come into the world, and a foreshowing of the Last Battle that shall be at the end of Days.>Others were Wilwarin, Telumendil, Soronúmë, and Anarríma{; and Menelmakar with his shining belt that forebodes the Last Battle that shall be}. And high in the North as a challenge unto Melkor she set the crown of seven mighty stars to swing, the {Valakirka}[Valacirca], the Sickle of the {Gods}[Valar] and sign of doom. ...
Respectfully
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote