View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 09:13 PM   #1220
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
My all time favorite quote from the game has to be something Brinn had in her Night PM about raising Phantom's voting power:

"...for the first time in his life, the phantom is actually more important than he thinks he is!"
Hehe, indeed. I believe the exact quote was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Indeed...that's the joy of it. For the first time in history, the phantom is more important than he thinks he is.
And it's true. At that early stage of the game, I had no idea about anyone's roles so I was ready to pick just about anyone. I found the idea of picking phantom to be rather amusing. That, and I figured he wouldn't get Night killed and probably wouldn't vote me...

I'm sure Shasta was also amused by all my long explanations for each choice. I always find it difficult as a gifted to not have anyone to discuss my decisions with. So instead I just blabber all my thoughts to the mod.

I actually did save some PMs:

Night 3
Quote:
Omg, this was so tough. Sorry I'm cutting it a bit a close; I hadn't made a decision until now and I'm still not entirely confident. I admit it'd be so much easier if I could wait until the Day since it'd really suck if one of my choices is killed (especially since the hunter can't use her power yet)...but of course I don't expect you to let me wait that long..

Okay, I decided I want to give voting power to Mnemo. I still can't decide whether she's evil or not, though I'm slightly leaning towards innocent. And anyway, at least I agree with her on some things.

As for the rook, this is much more difficult...particularly because I'm worried whoever I choose will be Night-killed. I'm debating between Sally and Lari. But which one? Gah, I don't know...I keep switching back and forth! *thinks* Hmmm....Sally it is. Though if that doesn't work out, you can always make Lari the rook instead. ; )

-Brinn
Look, I was so convinced about Lari, I almost scried her. Luckily I didn't. I think this was the only Night I didn't pick a baddie...

Night 4
Quote:
You have no idea how difficult this decision is, especially since I feel like whatever I choose could heavily affect the outcome of the game. To top if off, I'm really bad at figuring out roles, which is why I do better as a werewolf or seer. But anyway, I must make my decision now since I'm sure you'd like at least some time to write the narration. There's a 60% chance I'm wrong on either of these choices, but the best I can do is cross my fingers and hope I'm right (though I'm probably not).

ToDay I'll give voting power to Lari. There's a possibility she's evil but I feel it's more likely she an ordo (and I've also realised she's never even played an ordo before so I rather hope she is). She's made no move towards wanting me dead so far, and I certainly hope she doesn't decide to toMorrow, though you never know...

As for the White Knight, I'll choose to scry Fea. This is a big risk because while I'm sure she's not the seer, I can't exactly say whether she's evil or not. For some reason my logic says that she and tp both aren't evil, though there's really no reason for that. I always worry she's evil, and often I'm wrong. Of course the one time I give her the benefit of the doubt, I'll probably be wrong again. Hmm...well even if she doesn't get successfully scried, at least I can safely assume she is a Black piece of some sort. The worst case scenario is if she's killed toNight, which I doubt, but anything's possible.

So yeah, that's about it. At least I can say I'm not a complete failure as a gifted since I did successfully scry Sally...

-Brinn
Ehm, I'm not sure where I got the idea that both tp and Fea couldn't be evil because soon after I discovered Fea was evil, I seriously started to suspect tp was the cobbler. Hmm...I think what I meant was I didn't think those two were wolves together, but I'm not sure...

Night 5

Quote:
*has a mental breakdown*

Yeah, I keep changing my mind about those final three. One minute I decide one must be evil therfore the other innocent, next minute I change my mind...

So, I think I'll go with my gut instinct and scry Izzy. Though if she turns out to be the Black Queen, I'll be so peeved! It's totally possible, though I feel most trails lead to her innocence.

*has butterflies*

-Brinn
Yeah, I was just a little stressed out that Night.. I believe another reason I chose Izzy was because I thought her role would be more enlightening...and I wanted to know whether Rikae was bluffing about calling her a baddie or not.