View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 03:53 AM   #185
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
This was more interesting than anything that happened this far. The two humans were planning something. They are going to run away, Jenfried realised, they're going to leave me here with these Elves and the dwarf. They're going to do the quest on their own and get more glory. Unfair.

I'm going with them, she decided on a whim. It felt better, more interesting than staying with the Elves. There's nothing for me here, she thought. Quietly, she crept back to the camp. The male elf and the nasty she-elf were kneeling beside Arianna and the dwarf was further away, keeping watch. The Elves were talking in low voices and they seemed worried. Jenfried suspected Arianna's state was worse. She was not a religious person, but she wished that there was someone out there, some Vala or something, who could help the Elf, and she also hoped that she had not wounded the kindly woman fatally.

Still, she did not go to see what was happening. Movingly silently as a cat, she went where most of her possessions lay. Quietly, she gathered them. The elves were too occupied to pay attention and the dwarf had gone away to check something. It took all Jen's self-control not to break into a run when she had gathered her things. Easy now, she told herself.

She reached the shadow of the woods and allowed herself to breathe freely again. She turned to see where the humans were, but they were not there. You can't have lost them! You idiot! At that moment she saw two figures at a distace, walking away in silence. Good, she thought and followed them. She was accustomed to moving unseen and unheard, and put all her skill in use.