View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 03:24 PM   #196
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
The Noldor seem to be the top guns in just about everything else
So we should kill them because they are superior?

I have always thought that people who have a grudge against "superior" people and want them out of the way are equally as bad as Hitler and his buddies who wanted everyone who was "inferior" out of the way. It's the same thing.

I've seen that attitude a lot on the Downs over the years, and it makes me sick. I will never vote someone off for being too good, too strong, too powerful, or too awesome, and neither should anyone else. That is a horrid attitude.
Quote:
and Glorfindel doesn't really have much to do with the Second Age, anyway...
Now that is a reason I can respect. I think Glorfindel would be more of a First Age or Third Age favorite than a Second Age favorite. Because of that, I don't feel the need to mount a huge campaign to save him.

However, I definitely don't want to see Glorfindel go. He is wise, brave, and definitely good, and I think that anyone who would vote to kill him before some of our other options is crazy.

For those of you concerned with the abundance of elves, why don't you kill a Sindarin elf, like Oropher. What did he do, besides get himself and lots of his people killed in the battle against Sauron?

For those of you who want an elf dead, I suggest compromising and killing Oropher.

Now, if you want to kill Glorfindel because he is one of the Noldor, and you are concerned that the Noldorin tribe hasn't lost anyone yet, please remember that there is another tribe that has yet to lose someone- the Elendili!

Surely Anarion doesn't deserve to stand beside his great brother and father. And surely Ohtar, who ran away with Isildur's heirlooms while his company was being attacked, does not deserve a place amongst the great.

For those of you who want to see balance among the tribes, I suggest compromising and killing Ohtar or Anarion.

That is all for now. I have things to do.