View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 06:22 PM   #384
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Uh, I need a bit of advice and maybe a sanity check.

So, I got to the point where there can be a good interlude between "Get you gone from me" and the Elves being spotted. The conservative thing to do would be to play the themes from the intro, which flow very easily and smoothly and will pose no trouble whatsoever to insert between the stanzas. But, I can't just do the logical thing, no. After you posted the animal-inspired picture, I had a thought that maybe I can get the whole thing to descend into an organized chaos of animal noises and other spooky sounds. So, Sauron's words are currently followed by the best mimic I could achieve of howls, growls, meowls, croaks, poltergeist bangs, and randomness, with the possibility of adding other sound effects on recording (I strongly considered ghostly wails, creepy cackles, and things that go creak in the dark among other things, but I don't have sufficient instruments going to make them happen). However, having listened to this cacophony in recording, it sounds just that - a cacophony, without any animal-inspired noises actually resembling what they're supposed to. Is it too much? Should I take out that part and just leave the conservative chaos? Or keep the backbone of that part but record all sound effects from voice rather than play them with instruments?