View Single Post
Old 11-07-2020, 07:05 AM   #1831
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
It is odd how things change.
Even though I miss the downs and the interaction we used to have on this site, and it is something i do every single day, I am reluctant to sign in. I think it is because I seldom have energy to read through the entire thread these days and feel guilty if i do not participate, so I end up only signing in every other week, and primarily lurk in some dark corner.
I am a good deal older now than when I joined the Downs, and I have changed spiritually more than physically over time.

Amid the general world chaos, I've had family deaths, retirement from my current (25 year!) career is imminent, and I begin a new job in a bit more than two weeks.

I find now that I don't often have the time for lengthy debates or discussions, and, indeed, my desire to 'pick apart' the books has lessened over the years. I've become wary of the 'magic' wearing thin, even though reason and my heart assure me that could not happen with Tolkien.

Still, I sign in every day, as a habit. Knowing this place is still here after so many years has often been a comfort to me, as things, especially the past few years, have changed so much in RL.