View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 03:17 PM   #472
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
I don't think it needs stating that none of us five covered ourselves in glory that day. With all we know by now it's certain that at least one wolf was driving the Huiwagon hoping to save sally, but even if two of them were in it they had help from innocents who forgot that the proper way to solve a Gordian knot is not by the sword. Whether you were a driver or a helper I can't say. There has been talk about your comment to Legate during the voting ("See, I told you one vote could make a bandwagon"), and I could totally see that as a "Hey, that worked!" from wolf to wolf.
I could have not said it and saved myself the suspicion it caused. But we always don't think things through before hitting "send." I was in "look at me, pay attention to me mode" for most of Day 2. As Kath observed the following day:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
With Boro's behaviour yesterDay, I read it as his oft-used strategy of: "Look at me, look at me! No don't look at them, I'M the Gifted one! No really - pay attention to meeee!" Ok yes maybe I'm oversimplifying but I read post #191 and just had to smile, and it also made me feel that he's innocent. The wolves would want to draw out Gifteds, not distract from them, so I'm feeling ok about Boro at the moment.
My response to Kath:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me #292
Hahaha and now I have coffee all over myself, because I cannot deny this. Do forgive me though, I never intend to be that way, but it always happens. I start getting in my own head that everything someone says is about me.

As I've said though, I'm done steering toDay and will vote for either Morsul, sally or Pitch.
Now personally I took this to mean she dreamed of me, saw I was innocent and was basically saying "calm the buggers down." This is something I don't know for sure, because I agree with Legate's assessment that it isn't definitive enough I look "ok at the moment."

Now everyone knows I'm a bold and insane wolf, consider this...knowing that I saw this and responded to Kath as I did yesterday. Do you think if I was a wolf I wouldn't be all over this in trying to make it look like Kath dreamed me an innocent and therefor be focusing on "proving" that today? But I can't be sure of this, so I haven't been focusing on trying to "prove" Kath dreamed me innocent and I think Legate's analysis of her dreams looked fair/made sense.

Quote:
Or you lost interest in lynching Lottie when I backed off her (I need to check the chronology), went wolf-on-wolf against Legate and when Hui engaged you about it you took the opportunity to go after him instead.
Ask yourself if a bold and aggressive wolf-Boromir, would suddenly back off on a known innocent? If I was a wolf I would have known Lottie was innocent, and I would have kept going after her, not switched up to do a wolf-on-wolf exchange with Legate. Of course, I realize this defense doesn't prove anything, just stating what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
If you're innocent, you're "having a plan", if you're guilty, you're "scheming"? Ok, joking aside, I did and do think you're making some weird maneuvers which I haven't been able to follow. Naturally, that makes me worry if they're good or evil. Here the "scheming" you were doing was whatever was the point of pursuing Legate for the first half of the Day, then dropping it and going for Huin instead. I don't think it was wrong of me to think of that as nefarious. In fact, I still think it entirely possible that you and Legate are the remaining wolves (in which case, toDay has not started very well). And yeah, I still don't know what the back-and-forth between you, Huin and Legate was about. It's hard to believe you'd all be innocent. I'm planning to look at that toDay. And as for why I voted for Huin and not you - I thought you might be "scheming" but it was not my main line of suspicion. In fact, if you look back, I thought the order of suspiciousness in your trio was Huin > Legate > you (which was likely stupid of me, given even the statistic likelihood of one of you two others being a wolf).
It's not wrong to think my tricks are nefarious, I often can be. As I said, it's not the scheming that bothers me so much. It's the fact that you seem to be implying I'm up to no good with my behavior on Day 2, but decided instead to vote for Huey to "unravel the knot." So, what I'm saying is I'm not following, why did you think finding Huey's role would "unravel the knot" of what I was up to? Why wouldn't voting Legate or myself reveal the same thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I could be offended, but I'm deciding not to. Yes, I agree toDay's messages have been clear. YesterDay's, nope. And I am saying the dead are not infallible. I very much doubt G55 straightaway gave them Sori's alignment. Therefore, they must have concluded it from some more vague information they got. Does this mean that it is foolproof? NO. Does it mean that we should trust it for toDay? Certainly. Does it mean that we should trust it for the rest of the game, if it goes on? I think so. I mean frankly, we don't have the time to suspect someone who is 95% likely innocent. If Soriman is a wolf somehow and we lose because of that, I'm gonna blame the dead thread. So we can discount him for now. As I belive I said before, so I don't know why you dedicated a whole post to "arguing against me". Makes me think you want to keep the village talking about information we already have, ie Soriman's innocence, instead of looking for the wolves.
I do apologize, it's not my intention to cause offense. My thinking is yesterday and today, you, sally and Pitch have tried to raise up a whole bunch of confusion about the Ghost's info, and I have no idea why because the messages they have conveyed have not been ambiguous at all. To continue questioning that information today looks to me like someone trying to increase confusion about the dead's messages. Cobblers love confusion, and I know we don't have cobblers, so that's why it looks like wolvery.

You claim that my post is wanting to continue to talk about Huey's messages today. And I say look at my other posts, have I been completely focused on Huey's messages? I don't think so. I brought it up again because I saw your comment as an attempt to cause confusion about the info Huey has given us.

Edit: This novel crossed with a bunch of others. Oh this is going to be a mad deadline. I'm considering voting within the next hour.