View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 12:39 PM   #453
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
To hopefully help get the trust of the fellow loyalists to my lords Barahir and Beren, as I said yesterday my steering days are over. And as I said today, it's not breaking news that I lay out plans, and bait, and traps. But today, those days are over for me too...with the loss of Lottie and Kath there's no point in trying to lay out cryptic messages that I intended to confuse the wolves with...which also does have a habit of catching some ordinary innocent along the way. Yes, I'm still saddened by my role in Huey's lynch. But for that, you see I take the blame for my part in it, but have others? Pitch? Lommy? Legate? You have blood on your hands as much as I do.
I don't think it needs stating that none of us five covered ourselves in glory that day. With all we know by now it's certain that at least one wolf was driving the Huiwagon hoping to save sally, but even if two of them were in it they had help from innocents who forgot that the proper way to solve a Gordian knot is not by the sword. Whether you were a driver or a helper I can't say. There has been talk about your comment to Legate during the voting ("See, I told you one vote could make a bandwagon"), and I could totally see that as a "Hey, that worked!" from wolf to wolf.

Quote:
I went into Day 1 and the following night thinking Pitch was the seer, dreamed I was innocent, because I didn't think of any reason why 1 person would say something fairly definitive about me that early.
Gut feeling based on the general tone of your posts and the overall way of thinking in them, which I felt was fairly straightforward. Should have worded that more carefully.

Quote:
But I saw no such hints that Pitch knew Lottie's role, so I scrapped that plan and went full out towards what looked like the most suspicious thing from Days 1 and 2. Legate's vote analysis. Unfortunately it just ended up pitting Huey and myself against each other and I did not see the error of my ways until after Huey's lynch.
Or you lost interest in lynching Lottie when I backed off her (I need to check the chronology), went wolf-on-wolf against Legate and when Hui engaged you about it you took the opportunity to go after him instead.

Quote:
Day 3 - Lottie was the ranger and now dead. Form delivers a message that at least one from Morsul, sally or Pitch is a wolf. So I'm questioning now..wait Boro, is Pitch the seer?

So that pretty much settled it for me that he wasn't the seer. And now Pitch, this is why I suspect you for your part in sally's fake reveal yesterday.
Let me go through this one last time:
sally #316: "Vote for almost literally anyone else."
sally #318: "Wouldn't vote Boro, Morsul, Pitch." 3 names: N1, N2, N3.
You wouldn't think she was hinting, fine. A you say, you know her a lot better than I do. But do you at least see why I thought she was? It didn't help that I didn't suspect you much and was wavering about Morsul, and I obviously know my own role.

And incidentally, since you and sally were very trusting of each other on D2, and I know you know each other well, I'm afraid I let that colour my perception of both of you. Hermeneutic vicious circle.

Quote:
I am no wolf, and not a betrayer. Something I am reminding myself, still being troubled by Huey's lynch, even though I plan to bait wolves, that can lead to catching unintended innocents. It is my flaw...just because in my head I thought Pitch was the seer, doesn't mean he intended to give me any such reason to believe it. Honestly, it's not quite adding up, because his response in 282 looks honest of "that wasn't for you at all. I was telling myself not to be too trusting of you and sally." Also, if Pitch was intending to look like the seer why would he press sally into trying to reveal it?

What say you Pitch? Now that you can see my thought process and judge for yourself the truth of it.
I'll judge the truth of it at the curtain call, when the true meaning of Ilúvatar's themes is revealed for all to see. For now, it sounds believable enough, so if you made it up, good job.
I don't know. I can't put it better than 'I want to trust you more than I dare to.'

Last edited by Pitchwife; 04-27-2021 at 12:43 PM. Reason: x-ed with 1 Boro and several Ghosts; also typo
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote