View Single Post
Old 08-31-2003, 05:41 PM   #365
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Sting

"Melamin? Do you really mean that?" He didn't really have to ask; her eyes said it all so clearly. He wanted to dance, to sing, to shout to the world, She loves me!!! He did none of those things because for one, he couldn't dance, for two, no songs were forthcoming to his still foggy mind, and three, he was having a bit of difficulty getting anything out around the lump in his throat.

The tears were now flowing freely, but for once he ignored them. Taurewen loved him! She loved him, even though he left, even though he wasn't whole, even though--Careful now, he told himself. You're going to shred your already frail self-esteem. He laughed through his tears and suddenly the lump in his throat was gone and he couldn't stop talking.

"Oh, Taurewen, melamin, you don't know how long I've wanted to hear you say those words. Well, not those words exactly, I imagined something else; for one thing I didn't mean to leave until this," here he gestured to his wooden leg, "And then I just couldn't face you, but--melamin," he finally ran out of words. Except for three.

"I love you."