View Single Post
Old 01-03-2004, 01:08 AM   #30
Melisil
Wight

Melisil has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I'm pretty excited about this, hope I get in! Anyway, here's my post:

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – NO

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in?

None

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES – Which one? The Green Dragon Inn

NAME: Loni Stormlegs

RACE: Dwarf

WEAPONS: Loni wields a shorter battle-axe as well as two small throwing axes. He is capable of fighting with a sword, as well as a spear, though he usually chooses not to use the sword, and the spear he saves for hunting most often. He is not capable of using other weapons properly.

APPEARANCE: Loni has an extremely long reddish-brown beard coming down to just past his knees. He is average in height and build. He bears strong leather armor with iron gloves. A fairly large belt falls about his middle. It carries both his throwing axes in the right hand side of it. His battle-axe is carried in a rough case on his back.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Growing up in and by the Lonely Mountain Loni knows the area well. He loves mining as well as hunting. His father, Gundin Stormlegs taught him to fight from the time he was a boy till Gundin’s death during the war of five armies; and so, has a strong love of fighting. Loni is usually pretty prejudice against non-dwarves, particularly Elves. Besides that, Loni is a Dwarf with a very good sense of humour and loves to spin a tale or hear one.

HISTORY: Loni grew up in the area of the Lonely Mountain. He never knew his mother, and he lived with his father till his death in the battle of five armies. He has grown up to four main things besides drinking, singing and storytelling. The four things were hunting, mining, fighting, and eating!

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Melisil’s First Post:

Loni awoke to a sunny morning. He lived in a cabin near the bottom of the Lonely Mountain. He walked into his kitchen to grab some breakfast- a mug of ale and a chunk of cold deer meat… he was in need of more food. After breakfast he returned to his room to get ready for hunting. He pulled his leather armor in place, leaving his gloves off till last. At last he was ready. Grabbing his spear which lay by the door, he went out, ready for at least half a days worth of hunting.

He was stopped, however, by a fellow Dwarf by the name of Dwarin Strongshield. "Loni! Stop!" he called, climbing the slight hill, "Balin, son of Fundin, has sent me to ask a favor of you... for him." Dwarin started, as he reached where Loni stood waiting. "he asks that, if you’re interested, you would join him in a quest of sorts. He was particularly vague about details, especially to me, but he said that it may be rough at times, but the reward will well be worth it." Dwarin took a breath, he wasn’t one that was used to delivering messages, "He says if you’re interested, you’re to meet him near King Dain’s hall." he finished, taking a new tone of voice, "Now, how’s about you inviting me in for ale? I’ll dare say I deserve it."

"Right you are! Come on in Dwarin!" he said laughingly as they returned inside. After he had fetched the ale, and they had both had a good drink, Loni started, "So you say Balin’s the start of this quest, eh?" Loni leaned back in his chair. He wasn't very trusting to some, Balin included, "I’m not sure how wise this whole thing is, and I wish he weren’t so vague in his tellings. I guess I’ll have to go down there anyways though, to humour Balin. Still, I most likely won’t join." Loni said this casually enough, but, truth be told, he was already more then sold at the mention of a good reward. Gold and glory could drive him almost anywhere, sadly. Of course, he wouldn’t let it drive him to his death.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 7:40 PM January 09, 2004: Message edited by: Melisil ]