View Single Post
Old 06-13-2020, 03:23 AM   #839
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Still, I guess that's the way of gaming and fortune. All the best laid plans of players and mods...Because had Nilp chosen Lottie night 2, or had the wolves taken the bait and tried to kill him Night 3, Pitch would have been the one sacrificed. If I'm remembering that correctly. They wisely chose Legate Night 4, figuring he was the one most likely to go down in a lynch soon. Also, fortunate that he was the wolf Greenie dreamed of already.
Actually, we had me in the front already the Night before I died. And we even debated switching back to Pitch again, because NightWolfing possibilities and we still had ALL the Gifteds running about! See, that Night 4 was actually a pretty important marker: from our perspective, before it, there were three Gifteds, one of whom was essentially a known innocent on top of all, and the two others of whom we had no clue who they might be. After the Night, suddenly the Seer was dead and the BH was without his powers, which was actually a win. The longer that would have continued, the worse for us - the need to skirt around both BH and Ranger, who could take turns in protecting the Seer, if it came to that (well, it actually happened).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
I was guessing my trap failed for being too obvious, but it was probably obvious for a different reason. I'd also wait for Sally's (❤️) lycan letters, but why was BG the Night 2 kill?)
Among other things, we agreed that we did not have any better Seer leads than her the Space Odyssey quote, and we also agreed that her death will create confusion in several ways, and that she probably was strongly considered innocent by multiple people.

My packmates may want to correct me or add their own perspective, but at least my personal perspective was that very often our Nights were like: look for who might be the Seer - finding only a couple of cases with very wobbly bases - out of those not-so-convincing options, see what other advantages they have in case they are not the Seer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
Later I'll post my thoughts on the Beast Hunter role, and to answer this:
I am actually curious what you think about the role. It seemed a very interesting role to me and you were a veritable nightmare for us! And I think your reveal was brilliant, or, in other words, the worst thing that could have happened to us. I think Pitch said something that very well summed up my feelings back then on the Game Thread as his reaction to when you did it. A known innocent for the village, but one we can't kill because it almost certainly kills one of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
But I second your question: why BG - and if wolves were surprised Greenie was the Seer, why Greenie?
I don't know if we were completely surprised - well, I was, but in the sense that "wow, it worked! We hit the Seer after we kept missing for Nights on end!" - plus, again, speaking for myself, I had no more indication that Greenie was the Seer than anybody else; in fact, less.

But don't take my perspective as very representative. I said it to my packmates and I'm saying again, I am really bad at spotting Gifteds. If you don't place a Palantír icon into your first post or say "dark have been my dreams of late", I won't even look at you.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote