View Single Post
Old 09-13-2002, 07:59 PM   #36
Mithuial
Animated Skeleton

Mithuial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Mithuial
Sting

I know exactly what you mean. I'm always wanting to read LotR, and I know there are other christians that struggle with the same thing. I'm kinda psycho like that. If there's something I love, then I really love it, and I think about it all the time, and I have to talk it out with God. He's always real cool about it though. He's so awesome! He knows that I love it, and He's really helped me, by using my love for LotR to get closer to him and to witness at my school. My obsession with LotR has really helped me to learn not to limit God. Sometimes He does tell me to tone it down a bit, but I just have to learn to use some self discipline, and when I feel the urge to pick up the Silmarillion, I pick up the Bible first then maybe I can compare scripture and text in the book.
"And Maglor answered: 'If it be truly the Silmaril which we saw cast into the sea that rises again by the power of the Valar, then let us be glad; for its glory is seen now by many, and is yet secure from all evil.' Then the Elves looked up, and despaired no longer, but Morgoth was filled with doubt." -The Silmarillion.