View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 12:27 PM   #8
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Keira is apparently part-Scottish so needs to be paid some respect, but unfortunately resembles a dogfish. Honestly, that chin, it terrifies me.

This is my dream game, incidentally. My only problem is going to be thinking of enough passable actors.

Fëanor - Though willing to ratify John Malkovich here, as he is an incredible actor, I think this might actually be Hugo Weaving's perfect role. Didn't he say he wanted more action?

Lúthien - Not Keira, not Keira! Hmmm. Monica Bellucci will have to be my exceptionally unintellectual choice. No, scrap that. She's too human a beauty. I think I shall, much to my own surprise, pick Liv Tyler actually.

Beren - Oh blast, let's continue this low-brow selection and have Ralph Fiennes. He and Liv were perfect together in Eugene Onegin...

Thingol - Some elder statesman actor of distinction could go here. Hmmm. Get a grand Shakespearean. Conceivably Peter O' Toole despite some recent disasters.

Melian - Oh Lord. Luthien was enough of a struggle. Urgh. Um. Hum. I tell you what, CGI some psychedelic vision but get the voice of Maggie Smith!

Finrod - Bearing in mind I haven't seen him in anything-would that youngster Daniel Craig be up to this?

Fingolfin - Argh, not Kenneth Branagh! Hmmm, noble hulking armoured warrior who dies. Russell Crowe? No, add elven hulking warrior who dies. Pass.

Maedhros - Eric Bana's not that bad an idea. He was one of the redeeming features of Troy. But my vote would undoubtedly go with Edward Norton, by far the best thing about Kingdom of Heaven as the Leper King Baldwin. Anyone here gets agonisingly dyed dark red hair, naturally.

Maglor - This just gets more and more difficult. I settle, though, for Alan Rickman here. It's always interesting seeing him as a sympathetic character. I'm not sure if he's enough of a mental actor, but...

Túrin - Interesting to see if David Tennant could stand an unending, heavy tragic role. He'd convey Turin's curious vulnerability...

Húrin - This is where Sean Bean gets his call and is told to do exactly what he's done before eight million times.

Morwen - Ah. Excellent. Monica Bellucci goes here.

Celegorm - This is where I'd insist on Jude Law. With blonde curly hair. Until someone has a better idea.

Curufin - Damn and blast, I've already used David Tennant. Ah! Of course! Lucky I kept John Malkovich, isn't it? Definitely Curufin.

Galadriel - Cate Blanchett probably endorsed. Though I wouldn't mind Rosamund Pike and a playful younger Galadriel. Actually, scratch both of those. Tell Emmanuelle Beart to go back in time to her Manon des Sources look and hire her at once.

Beleg - Arrrrgh. Um. Er. Got it. Jack Davenport. Give hima break from naval roles...

Idril - Reese Witherspoon for a nasty little Becky Sharp of an Idril...

Maeglin - Get an unknown. I know a perfect candidate. He lives in Oxford, attends school in Berkshire, has soulful brown eyes and attends the Barrowdowns under the name of Ang... er...

Morgoth-CGI visually, obviously. The voice of Brendan Gleeson. Ha ha...

Sauron - CGI visually, maybe. The voice of...er...Joaquin Phoenix? (Who incidentally is obviously really called John Bird and decided to spice things up a bit...)

Last edited by Anguirel; 04-21-2006 at 10:40 AM.
Anguirel is offline   Reply With Quote