Thread: Eowyn or Arwen?
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2003, 09:00 PM   #57
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arwen Eruantale has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Eruantale
Silmaril

Arwen. I don't know why, but I just like her. Plus, I'm sure that just about everything that could be said about that story has already been written here somewhere. My only point for her is that she always loved, <I>only</I> Aragorn. Even before when he was just that twenty year old Estel, walking and singing contentedly in Rivendell. She loved him even more when he became the "somewhat grim to look upon" Strider... <P>I do love Eowyn. In fact, I am probably more like her than I am Arwen. But not for Aragorn, she didn't really love <I>Aragorn</I>, she wanted the glory and honour that was to be his. So she <I>thought</I> she loved him. <BR>I don't think it was in a really selfish or self-centered way, but she lived in turmoil for who knows how long with Grima around in Rohan and probably watched a lot of good men die because of him. I think she would have liked to change things a bit for her people, and being an image of honour and power would certainly have helped. She and Faramir were truely meant for eachother anyway...<P>Okay, hope all that made sense, I am so tired right now. Afraid of what I might find tomorrow...

Will you pay attention?
Arwen Eruantale is offline   Reply With Quote