View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #223
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Such cruel choices...

To beat Nilp's twenty-one point lead I'd need to predict the games differently (8 points to gain there). But can I?

Well, I think I have to... even if my brain says the results will be like Nilp says (or at least FC Valinor will win Hithlum - well, T-I-G might really win, but ehh...)

T-I-G beats AC Beleriand
FC Valinor takes a beating by Hithlum

But even if that would go full my way I would still be down thirteen points - and I have already six players in common with Nilp in my team - and there aren't too many choices for some positions to pick differently in a reasoned way, and I have one redundant player in my team, and my current goalkeeper is the worst of the remaining ones and will face a real rain of shots. Blah.

Decisions, decisions...

My bet on Thuringwethil didn't pay off last round and I do have an urge to change her into Curufin (or maybe Eöl to take a more genuine take on the choices). But well, let's bet on T-I-G then for sure and keep her - and keep her as the captain. Go Thuringwethil!

I'll change my goalie as well - but not to Shasta as Nilp has him.

As a back-up surprise plan I'm giving away Hador (with a heavy heart as I think it would have been his turn to shine) in the midfield and look for an Aegnor hat-trick to save me if my game-predictions go down the drain.

So basically I'm predicting other than Nilp but covering myself with a few choices in my team against my predictions of the games - and keeping my thumbs up it works...

That means:
-- GK Huor (Hithlum)
-- DF Aragorn (Eriador)
-- MF Hador (Hithlum)

++ GK Marach (AC Beleriand)
++ DF *Nilpwolf (T-I-G)
++ Aegnor (AC Beleriand)

Noggportunistics

GK – Marach (AC Beleriand)

DF BoroWolf (T-i-G)
DF *Nilpwolf (T-i-G)
DF *Fingolfin (AC Beleriand)