View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #84
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I think part of that is the groups seem a touch easier to predict this year than last year...in that there is no apparent "Group of death" where 4 very good teams are jammed into 1 and only 2 make it out. And in order to avoid a lot of similar match-ups to last year, some teams needs to be rearranged and displaced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I wonder if part of that is the lack of a "group of death" this year. Since last year there were four very solid playoff teams jammed into Group D (and perhaps it could be argued nearly the same was true of Group E), which meant that all the teams in the other groups were less likely to be outmatched.

That's part of what makes a Death Group attractive- both the drama within that group and the evenness it brings to the rest of the field.

(Thought to be fair, there are only 2 groups this year where I might've felt confident enough to try and put money on the winner. The others would make me too nervous for an actual risk.)
Hum, humm... yes. In a way, though my perspective on the disparity was more like the opposite: it isn't clear to say which team will win (actually, I think it felt often clearer last year to say: "okay, now of group X, it will be *this* team!" and then you felt unsure as to who the runner-up would be), this year, I feel it more like "okay, it is clear this and this team are not going to win!"

Of course, as it had been said, nothing is set, but I just have a different feeling than last year, that's all.

Anyway, as for some other matter...

ANSWERS TO 5-POINT QUESTIONS

Who will score the most goals in the tournament?
Witch-King (Arnor)

Who will have the most assists in the tournament?
Eöl (AC Bel)

Which team will win the tournament?
Eriador

Which goalkeeper will score the most total phantasy points in the tournament?
Elrond (Eriador)

Which defender will score the most total phantasy points in the tournament?
Balrog #5 (Hithlum)

Which midfielder will score the most total phantasy points in the tournament?
Elros (Armenelos)

Which forward will score the most total phantasy points in the tournament?
Fëanor (AC Bel)

Now all that remains for me should be the Hundred Million Dollar Baby...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote