View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 07:27 AM   #1339
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
If Nerwen had survived I would have done but then I realised Durie was doomed - and Fea had played so restrainedly.

I chose her as the Werebear immediately and only moved her around my list as a check. Fea takes the game most seriously when she has a special role and I doubted she would have accepted the moddess's contstraints as an ordo or even as one duck of 6.
I might have tried for restraint even with some other role: it intrigued me to see if I could pull off a game where my orders were to be as inconspicuous and quiet as possible.

You'll note that I slipped a few times on the first Day until I asked Sally if I could just up and emulate Watchmen's Rorschach already.

"He's a wallflower," I argued, "particularly when he's in 'the end of the world is nigh' mode, and he writes/speaks in very clipped fragments; and then at Night, he goes out and kills bad guys mercilessly!"

And she let me.

And then I slipped into the role a bit more easily.

That joke? After Lommy asked if something I'd done was a joke? With Pagliacci? Lifted straight from the text of the book, just paraphrased a little.

I wasn't allowed to drop any hints, so I had to do so quietly enough that Sally wouldn't notice.

Of course they didn't work...

But still, it pleased me to subvert authority just a little.

Rikae's allusions to the game duck hunt, for instance. Yeah, dogs are great. I love dogs. Very loyal. They work best when they know where a duck is, because then they go get it for you. Yeah. Wink wink.

Of course it's difficult to leave a hint when nobody knows your role even exists. Particularly because I didn't bag a kill until so late, it was easy for people to wonder if there even was a werebear around.

Anyway, perhaps I shall play evermore in such a restrained style. It saves a lot of effort, let me tell you, and forced me to figure out exactly what it was important for me to be saying/not saying at any given time.

No scandals... Now that was the hardest part.