View Single Post
Old 08-10-2004, 04:17 PM   #141
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
White Tree

Watching Elladan and Elrohir ride away, tears fell down Arathorn's cheeks. "Goodbye son" Arathorn said, drawing his sword and turning the other way. There was silence. Then, Arathorn, Owacyn, and Hanindur screamed, and charged the enemy. Arathorn quickly reacted and struck down two orcs in one shot. Once their heads were chopped off, Arathorn began parrying three attacks, before striking down another two. "For Aragorn!" Arathorn said, slicing orcs by the dozen. Suddenly, a obese orc jumped on Arathorn from behind and brought him to the ground. He was pinned. Then, giving all of his energy, Arathorn forced him off and crashed him into six other orcs.

Looking to his left, Arathorn saw Owacyn loosing blood. "Owacyn, I'm com-" but Arathorn was stopped by two more orcs jumping on him. "Not Today!" Arathorn said, knocking them off. The orcs hit them like a rock under the falls of Rauros. The pain was excrutiating. "Gilraen!" Arathorn shouted, diving at a handful of orcs, killing them all.

"There's no end!" Arathorn said, attacking the orcs in the area. Suddenly, Arathorn heard the sound of arrows being fired. Looking to his left, Arathorn saw two arrows hit Owacyn. "Owacyn!" Arathorn cried, but he knew the worst had happened. "No!" Arathorn shouted, running to Owacyn. "Seon" Owacyn said softly, and closed his eyes. "No!" Arathorn shouted, stabbing the orc that killed Owacyn ten times in the face. "Not Owacyn!"

A new rage had filled Arathorn. He could no longer feel pain. All energy was focused on battle. The loss of his best friend brought forth so much adrenalen, Arathorn almost thought he saw his sword glow. Running through a small layer of orcs, Arathorn killed twenty at a time. They would pay. Suddenly, Arathorn heard two more arrows. This time, they were for Hanindur. One arrow pierced his hip, the other, his skull. Hanindur didn't get to even udder a final word. "No! Not you too!" Arathorn shouted, crying the entire time. It was just him now. "By the power of my fathers, I will stop you!" Arathorn shouted, getting up and charging again.

Although the rage was just as strong, if not strong, Arathorn felt his strength waining. But it didn't stop him. By the time Arathorn stopped to take a breath, he had killed over seventy orcs. Then, he felt it. An arrow shot through his right calf. Arathorn fell to the ground apruptly, kneeling. Although helpless, the orcs didn't attack. "He's mine!" "No! Mine!" the orcs argued, fighting over who would give the final blow. "He's mine!" said a large, black orc. His muscles were bulging ten times that of a normal orc.

The orc began to laugh. And subsequently, the others followed his example. Arathorn tried to lift his sword, but he didn't have enough strength. He knew his time had come. Then, Arathorn began to laugh. "What are you laughing about, puny human?" the large orc said. "I'm laughing because every one of you will die. Your lord will be destoryed. This land will be obliterated. Your kind will be extinct. My son will bring about a new order!" The orcs stopped laughing. Even the large one. "No..." the orc said, "Our lord will never die" Arathorn gave a smirk, which really angered the large orc. He drew a bow and arrow, and aimed at Arathorn's eye.

"Make me proud son"

Many days later

"We did it brother!" Elrohir said to Elladan, staggering into Rivendell. "This will give father a laugh" Elladan said, coughing. Elrond rushed to the entrance to greet them. "What has happened? Where are the elves and men? Where is Arathorn?" Elrond said, with a frightened face. Elladan and Elrohir both closed their eyes, gave a sigh, and opened them. "They all fell. We should be there with them, but Arathorn wouldn't let us. We traveled to Angmar. It was horrible. Along the way, we lost all but Arathorn, Owacyn, Hanindur, Eldin, and Paladir. By the time we escaped, Eldin and Paladir had fallen. We were surrounded by orcs, but Arathorn sent us here with the only horses that survived. He said we should give you this" Elladan said, revealing a letter to Elrond. "He said it was more important than anything." Elrohir said. "Thank you" Elrond said, walking away.

Back at his study, Elrond opened the letter.

Dear Elrond,

If you have this letter, you know what has happened. I do not wish that I could tell you, so long as you can read this. We have lost almost everyone. It's all crumbling apart. This was, as I feared, my last adventure on the face of Middle-Earth. However, my life is no longer important. If I die, I have a favor to ask you. By the time Gilraen finds out of my death, she will be heavily burdened by greif. She needs to be able to take care of Aragorn. I can sense something about the boy. I sense he will be the last Cheiftan, and bring about a change in the world. By the end, I feel he will bring about a new order. This is why I must ask you this: Bring Aragorn and Gilraen to Rivendell. Keep his identity a secret. When he is ready, he will accept his lineage. I feel so strongly about him that I feel he will bring forth a new age. A fourth age. An age of peace and prosperity. Please understand my request. Tell Gilraen I love her very much, and will always think of her. The halls of my fathers are calling me. I can slowly hear them. It is time. Tell them I love them very much. It is my final request. Please understand...

Arathorn

~*~ THE END ~*~