View Single Post
Old 02-25-2004, 05:18 AM   #289
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Lotar stood with his son at his side, watching the carts begin to roll out of the West Gate, for the site prepared for them to live. It was something he had never dreamt of seeing in his long years. That he would be so fortunate to have a second chance given him by people he did not really know. He thought all light had been lost in the world. He was happy to say he was wrong. His hand in one of his pockets, he clenched the hairpin of his wife and smiled.

'Almost too much to watch for an old grump such as ye' Kandel teased 'And you did it all on your own! I am proud Father!'

'Bah! Dont think me soft boy, Ill show you otherwise' he chuckled back, and Kandel feigned fear.

Pausing, his son said 'I look forward to a small house, and a nice garden, and woods to scour for hunting. They all seem to me childhood fancies. Now they will be real. It is a good day father'

'Aye, it is' said Lotar.

Kandel saw some of the other bandits approach them. Among them were Kirima and Soran. Grinning, they called them over, and asked of their plans when they arrived at their new home.

'The task ahead of us will not be easy, but it will be a world less difficult than the life we were living. Im sure we will be fine' said Lotar.

'That, I am certain of Father' said Kandel and clapped his father on the shoulder.