View Single Post
Old 02-23-2004, 01:14 PM   #282
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Kali and Ian:

Ian lay on the hay in the back of the wagon nestled down beside several other children who were still too weak to walk for such a long distance. He was wrapped securely in a blanket that Lilac had given him earlier that morning. His sister Meri stood alongside the dray horse putting a steadying hand on the reins to make sure that the animal remained in place. Ian's mother sat in the back with the sick and injured children, helping to nurse them.

Ian leaned over the side and flashed a welcoming smile as he spied Kali sprinting towards the wagon. "You're almost ready to go," the young hobbit beamed. " Mama says that you're going to travel to a new town, just like we did. You'll have a home of your own and everything!"

"That's what my father says too."

"That's your dad? " Kali's eyes followed to where Ian was now pointing. He could see a large man astride a horse near the front of the column, a great broadsword strapped about his waist. "He's really big. " observed Kali. "Even bigger than most of the Big Folk I know."

Ian looked up and grinned, "Yes, and I plan to be twice as tall."

"Don't do that!" warned Kali. "You'll never fit in our burrow. You will come back and visit us?" Kali quickly added.

"I hope so. Master Lotar says that we will trade with Bree once things settle down. I've told my father I want to be a trader. That way, I can travel wherever I want. I still have the good luck rock you gave me. " Ian unclenched his fist and showed the treasure hidden inside. "I'm going to put it up in our new house as soon as we get where we're going."

"Don't forget, at the end of your journey, you write a letter to me and give it to Ranger Berilac. He'll bring it to me before he leaves for home."

"I promise. But my sister will have to help me with some of the big words."

"I know," Kali sighed. "That's the one thing big sisters are good for."

The two boys giggled and continued their chatting as other children came running up to join them.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 02-24-2004 at 11:27 PM.