View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 10:09 AM   #2
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Ring

Who is the director? Peter Jackson? Given that Wagner managed to do his opera cycle in a manner that takes around 17 hours to perform, I'd wager PJ would single-handedly manage the same in 70. If we are being minimalistic, of course.

But appropriately for this forum (and to keep this on-topic), the first question that crossed my mind (after the abovementioned one) was: how much is this going to draw visual inspiration from LotR?

You know what I mean - there are certain expectations nowadays, ever since PJ, majority of high fantasy films, video games etc tend to try to (consciously or uncousciously) borrow the visual style of PJ's LotR. Half the towers of any "noble civilisation" look like Minas Tirith and its monuments look like the statues of Argonath, evil spiky fortresses look like Morannon or Barad-Dur, noble defenders look like the soldiers of Gondor with those shiny pointy helmets.

So how much will the dragon look like Smaug? How much will the Dwarves follow the default Dwarf-stereotype and how much will it try to be unique? And will the Ring look like... the Ring?

It would be an interesting "full circle" (well, if we trust that there was any inspiration at all).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote